Buoys Out - work party needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buoys Out - work party needed

Post  tomwhite on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 am

I've got the patrol boat outboard engine back from servicing.
There was a recent discussion about getting the tangle of buoys that have migrated down to near 7 out of the water (so we can inspect the weights on them and renew rope if necessary etc).
Could I get an idea of numbers prepared to help with this?
I can manage this coming weekend but only on Saturday 29th - preferably in the morning.
If that is too short notice then either Sat or Sun of the following weekend.
A few bodies to help launch the patrol boat and retrieve buoys would be excellent.
Once I have an idea of numbers I'll put a final decision on (Friday evening)
As the water is rising (so I am told) we might also try to remove some of the stone constructions that have gone up on the launching area and that are going to be a threat to hulls and foils as the water level rises further.
Tom

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

hi tom i will get there sat afternoon if that helps either this or next weekend or any sunday cheers mark

Post  mark hedges on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 am

tomwhite wrote:I've got the patrol boat outboard engine back from servicing.
There was a recent discussion about getting the tangle of buoys that have migrated down to near 7 out of the water (so we can inspect the weights on them and renew rope if necessary etc).
Could I get an idea of numbers prepared to help with this?
I can manage this coming weekend but only on Saturday 29th - preferably in the morning.
If that is too short notice then either Sat or Sun of the following weekend.
A few bodies to help launch the patrol boat and retrieve buoys would be excellent.
Once I have an idea of numbers I'll put a final decision on (Friday evening)
As the water is rising (so I am told) we might also try to remove some of the stone constructions that have gone up on the launching area and that are going to be a threat to hulls and foils as the water level rises further.
Tom

mark hedges

Back to top Go down

Re: Buoys Out - work party needed

Post  Paul Ruddock on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:31 am

Hi Tom & Mark,

Normally I would gladly be out to help, but I'm very sorry; I'm tiling & fitting a new bathroom this weekend, then I've a wedding next week.

Thanks - Paul

Paul Ruddock

Back to top Go down

Buoys Out

Post  tomwhite on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 am

So far: me, Steve Hiley, Ian Smith and (?) Jon Moreman are able to come - I'll try to get up there before 10.30am so I can get the engine on the patrol boat and minimise the time spent hanging around. With any luck we should be able to complete the job fairly quickly.
Tom

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  tomwhite on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:22 am

A big thank you to everyone who turned up on Saturday to help get the buoys out. Luckily none of them had lost their weights and we only had a little bit of difficulty disentangling 2 which had got itself wrapped around the anchor chain of the Yorkshire Water measuring device. At one point Ian had the patrol boat gunned to Full Astern to try to drag them apart. He had to back off a bit when he started to pull the floor out of the reservoir and the top of Embsay Crag seemed to lurch a bit closer to us.
The buoys are now cleaned off and sitting inside the clubhouse awaiting "Buoys In" on Saturday 26th February - a date for your diary. We are going to buy some chain for each of the buoy anchors to see if we can reduce their tendency to migrate.

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top