Work on the Reservoir nearing completion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Work on the Reservoir nearing completion

Post  Barrie on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 am

At long last it looks as though Bentley's have almost finished with all the work up at the res. I have been up today and saw the workmen's huts going down the road. To their credit I really think they have done a good job. Water is gushing in to the res on the far side but very little is going in from the beck so it could be a while before it fills again. Of course it's not helping when people are still drinking the stuff. Don't they know that beer is cheaper in the supermarkets.
At first glance it looks like the car park has reduced in size but I don't think it will be any different once they have finished tidying it up and with a proper road through the middle should help. I do wonder, that now the cabins have gone, if they might just extend the car park into the area where they were working. Perhaps that's too much to hope for.
Barrie

Barrie

Back to top Go down

Re: Work on the Reservoir nearing completion

Post  Nik on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 am

Maybe we should force only the quaffing of French beers (or Evian, for those putting the finishing touches to their honed physiques as we enter another sailing season) ? That way there will be a nett import of water into the Yorkshire catchment. I think I better stop now...I'm no longer sure where this is going (which also tells me the sailing season is upon us).

Nik
Nik

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top