junior / family / anyone else who fancies messing about on the water day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

junior / family / anyone else who fancies messing about on the water day

Post  Nik on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:57 am

Just a thanks to those who helped out with the 'On the Water' day (formerly known as the junior / family / anyone else who fancies messing about on the water day). Although it was a gusty force 4 we did have one plucky family determined to go for a spin in the Vision (and we managed to keep them safe and dry!) As I said to Tom, I thought Steve and Ollie did well to capsize the Vision on our last 'On the Water' day ... My lawyer has instructed me to stop at this point .......
Nik

Back to top Go down

Re: junior / family / anyone else who fancies messing about on the water day

Post  tomwhite on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 pm

The Junior Day on Sunday 17th July was once again a stunning success.
The weather was kind to us, with light winds suitable for family sailing and glorious blue skies.
Once again there was a large turnout of younger members with their parents who were met at the gate by the massed forces of the Silsden and Earby Brass Bands playing a medley of sea shanties and other nautical music.
The Commodore welcomed everyone with another 5 hour landmark speech (the full text has been printed in all national newspapers and is available as a podcast) in which he outlined the proposed Five Year Plan for the Club: "Craven Sailing Club - the Great Leap Forward Led by Our Glorious Leader and Visionary Pilot".
The Commodore then kissed babies and gave a demonstration of sailing in which he showed his world-beating skills to the amazement and joy of the assembled masses.
Revisionist Lackeys, Paper Tigers and Running Dogs of the Grimwith Yorkshire Dalesite Faction have attempted to imply that the event was a washout and that the Commodore fell out of the Vision bending the tiller extension in the process. This is a Capitalist Lie.
Long Live the Revolution!

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:07 am

It is with the greatest humility that I apologise for my earlier post that in some way may have cast dispersions on our Greatest of Paramount Leaders and of the Most Glorious and Wondrous Junior Day that has ever been known to Man(Woman, Child and Canine)kind etc. etc. etc. [continued on page 94 - ed]. And it is with the Greatest Honour that I bestow upon our Great Leader the Title of Winner of the Junior Day Once Round the Great Lake Race (1 entrant), and Truly Recognise him as Ruler of The Great Lake of Embsay.

And in recognition, I have replaced the very excellent silver tiller extension, with a more excellent black tiller extension.
Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top