Exam results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exam results

Post  tomwhite on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 am

If ever would-be members with young children were looking for yet another good reason to join this club (and the good reasons are really too numerous to list) then surely a glimpse at the GCSE and A Level results achieved this year by club members would be a real clincher.
As I have said on many occasions, we may be a small club but we punch above our weight - or perhaps sail above our PY number. Now once again we have cause to congratulate ourselves on the added value that membership brings.
Oli McKinney, Chris Pascoe and James Webster have excelled themselves at A Level and Jack Cowling at GCSE. Steven Smith, carrying the torch for the club into higher education, has just graduated from York University demonstrating clearly that the benefits of membership carry on even when people move away.
Much emotional energy is expended by parents in getting their children into the right school - how much simpler to get them into the right sailing club with a guarantee of excellent results in the years to come.

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam results

Post  jon on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:41 am

Don't forget the only Laser sailor to race with his I pod firmly attached at all times whatever the wind conditions James Moreman who is completing his masters over the next two weeks at York, hopefully !!!!. We may see him again but will have to give his boat a bit of a clean and charge his batteries. Can we ever persuade the Cass girls back fom their studies and the lure of the sequins and glitterballs of University competition to glide acoss the Embsay waters rather than a dance floor ?.

jon

Back to top Go down

Post  alcass on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 am

I'd like to add my congratulations to our youthful sailors too. It's easy to forget just how hard these folk have worked preparing for their exams. Hope all goes well for the future and we look forward to welcoming you all back in your holidays.

In answer to Jon: Zoe is rejoining hoping to return to sailing before it gets too cold, but stitching the sequins on to her wetsuit is taking longer than expected.

alcass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top