Sunday 6th Nov

Go down

Sunday 6th Nov

Post  mike on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 am

Anyone sailing on Sunday? I notice that there is no official race scheduled for some strange reason (probably the Gregorian calendar Ian uses for planning the racing calendar; maybe it has no notion of November 6th - page probably burned after the bonfire or something ?)

mike

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday 6th Nov

Post  mark hedges on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:39 am

hi mike, as far as i know evette, nigel and i,m sailing on sunday, speaking to barry we need 3 to form a race allthough we would have to resolve on the day how we record the results and what sort of race, ie normal handicap or pursuit. hopefully others will attend, cheers mark

mark hedges

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Smith on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Mark
Yes, in the winter I drop the frequency of the races for the Icicle series as fewer people tend to attend and the weather gets worse...this reduces the strain on the duty system for a small number of sailors. We seem to be having a great mild spell at the moment tho so sailing seems a great idea. I wil be up at grimwith as I have to take my boat back up there after swimming at Rutland last weekend Ian

Ian Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  tomwhite on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:45 am

If you were swimming at Rutland you may have been in the same race as Mike Dawson's son who is also a very good swimmer. Did you see him by any chance?
There was not a lot of swimming done at Embsay last Sunday except, for some strange reason, by Nigel and Evette in (or rather out of) their Fireball. With the amount of training they're getting these days they should be able to give Mike's son a good race one day.

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:02 am

James will have to watch out for the competition from our Fireball aquatic master (and mistress). Anyway, they are good sports so let's not mock too much...especially as we all regularly seem to involuntarily abandon ship before the end of the race when it gets breezy up there.
Hope there is loads of wind on Sunday as it is always more fun that way and the temperature is almost tropical at the moment; makes the swimming more agreeable.

mike

Back to top Go down

re: the 20th november

Post  mark hedges on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:38 am

Ahoy all craven sailors,todays race was cancelled due to a total absence of wind,but has been postponed to next weeks free day(27th november).All are welcome to race especially newer members and those that feel a bit unsure of joining in. Racing starts at 10.30am, come and enjoy before Ians gregorian callender sets in for the winter.

mark hedges

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 am

Did anyone sail last Sunday or was it too windy. I was away but will be available to play this Sunday if anyone is around? (I can do swimming lessons too if required )

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  mark hedges on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:23 am

hi mike, big winds and bigger gusts last sunday which strangely by 3.00ish had dwindled to reasonably zeroish - but no sailing. it was mentioned that all this occured after i,d encouraged the less confident to join in the fun of racing. normal programme this sunday, cheers mark

mark hedges

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down