New Years Day meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Years Day meet

Post  Steve Hiley on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 am

my apologies for not getting to the Boxing Day get together, it was so foggy in Ilkley I presumed it was like that everywhere ... but it appears it wasn't
Whilst it seems very unlikely that any sailing will be possible on NY day either, is anyone intending going up for a social (eat/drink) get together?

I am amazed that my techy skills has managed this so I presume I sign off and see what happens.

Night night

Steve Hiley

Back to top Go down

Re: New Years Day meet

Post  tomwhite on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:15 am

I'm planning on going up on New Year's Day. Not sure whether I'm planning on any kind of aquatic activities though. Would be nice to see people and remind ourselves of the faces we sometimes meet out on the water.
At some point we'll probably need a small work party to untangle marker buoys. I think there will probably still be too much ice around to make it easy but we are going to need to untangle the buoys that have moved down to the Yorks Water device (near 7) and it might be best to bring them back to the clubhouse till we put them back at "buoys in".
Hope to see some of you on Saturday for a brief social meeting.

tomwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 am

I hope to be along but sailing looks remote. I popped up yesterday and there was a brownish iceberg covering most of the lake.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrie on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 am

Been up to the res. today (Thursday) - I think it's Thursday anyway.There is still a thick layer of ice covering most of the water. I cannot believe there is any chance of a sail on Saturday. It was quite eerie actually with a fine mist coverig the ice.
Barrie

Barrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Smith on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:13 am

fraid I have a cold, have been in bed for last 2 days and think it unlikely I will out and about tomorrow - wishing a happy new year to everyone while keeping you all at a safe distance from my bugs
Ian

Ian Smith

Back to top Go down

New Year Day update

Post  Steve Hiley on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Despite the time it is now, I am planning to visit for probably a cuppa, chat and maybe a walk around the reservoir.

I will bring some water and sustenance.

Aiming to be there about 11.00am, all as per handbook!

Hope to meet someone otherwise I will have a nice walk, .... hopefully with reasonable weather.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Steve

Steve Hiley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top